Award-winning novelist and short story writer.
Author of Winter of the Metal People, and also of A Brother's Cold Case.
|— Book Signings —|
Winter of the Metal People
|Winter of the Metal People
Saturday, June 27, noon to 2 p.m.
Indian Pueblo Cultural Center gift shop
2401 12th Street, NW
|SPECIAL Offer for
Website Visitors - Discount Prices
Check or credit card to buy from author
* * *
Autographed copy of any Herrick paperback on this site at Amazon's discount price — or less!
for you or for a gift
Want to buy with a check or credit card by mail? Email on "Contact" tab for my address
and to specify personal inscription
My books and stories usually explore the American Southwest. It's a land of mysterious allure with its scenic vistas of forests, deserts, and mountains, and its tri-cultural makeup of Hispanics, Indians, and the mix of Caucasians, African-Americans, and Asians. Click any cover or link for information and how to buy. See Dennis Herrick's BIO.
* My historical novel, Winter of the Metal People, came out in June 2013. It is from a regular trade publisher, Sunbury Press.
* My mystery novel, A Brother's Cold Case, was also published by Sunbury Press and became available Nov. 1, 2014.
Other Paperback Books
* The second edition of my textbook from a university press, Media Management in the Age of Giants, came out in mid-2012.
* I wrote a new introduction and reprinted the Harry Bates sci-fi classic of 1940, Farewell to the Master, in which I also list titles of more than 200 other first-contact books and stories.
* I also have a chapter about the myths of the Coronado expedition of 1540-42 in the 2011 anthology, The Latest Word from 1540.
Support your local bookstores
If your favorite bookstores do not have my titles in stock, they can order them. Check this LIST OF BOOKSTORES for bookstores and gift shops known to already carry Winter of the Metal People. For your nearest bookstore, check Indiebound. If it doesn't have my book in stock, one can be ordered for you.
Two short-story collections
Pueblo Mysteries — Four short stories about Puebloans available in paperback or e-book.
Guest Bedroom: Collected Stories — Fourteen of my short stories are in this paperback.
E-short stories and ebooks
Click on any short-story cover for information about that title. Nearly 500 independent bookstores now also sell ebooks. For a list of bookstores near you with this capability, check out Indiebound e-books. My short stories and paperback titles can be bought as ebooks through the stores listed there. To read, simply download from your store the appropriate free Kobo books app, which is readable on your device or computer. My short stories (see menu at left) are available on amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, and at independent bookstores online. Check the FAQs tab at the top for information on how to download to a Kindle, Nook, or other devices.